In the last week the Phillies made their 2nd annual World Series appearance (I was able to attend Game 4 with my family. The Yankees are a bunch of whiners. They're a bought team full of players more concerned about posing while batting and dating celebrities than playing for the love of it. Ugh, I hate them.); and I turned 25.
As of yesterday, I am now 25 year of age.
I had the most amazing day at school. People spoiled me. We had a party in my classroom, Kindergarten came up to sing to me and gave me handmade cards, I got the best card from one of my students, and my coworkers were just unbelievably nice. I then came home and cooked dinner for friends. I made chicken marsala and past in a tomato basil sauce with vegetables. It turned out pretty good, and I was very happy that my friends made it out. (Yes, I cooked on my birthday. I love to cook. I love when people come over. One of my goals in life is to have people look forward to an annual party that I throw. I'm strange, I know that.) we also traversed out to the bar where I proceeded to drink a bit too much. But I had a pretty handsome escort home (a super sweet guy who worked out a deal to take off work on Friday as long as he worked overtime on Saturday. See? Super spoiled on my birthday).
Underlying all of these celebrations though was a slight edge of panic. I am 25. And not at all where I thought I would be in my life. I almost hyperventilated a few times, and definitely cried on my birthday. My friend told me that she had a conversation with a coworker who told her 25 was the only birthday that has caused panic so far. Apparently 30, 35, and 40 will be fine, but 25 makes you want to freak out. It so far is sitting like a boulder on my chest.
And overshadowing all of these silly feelings (because honestly, I'm the same as I was 2 days ago when I was still 24) is the impending birth of my friends' baby. And almost delivery today and maybe a delivery tomorrow. I can not wait to meet him or her! Aunt Lis wants to cuddle this babe already! I can only imagine how Kristin and Keith are feeling.
No comments:
Post a Comment