I'm having trouble separating myself from my work. The emotional experiences I have there are following me home. It is becoming increasingly difficult due to less staffing this year in the classroom and the fact that I am taking a night class that involves me writing about my job. Autism is consuming my life.
I am not doing enough things for myself. I am not seeing my friends enough. I am eating too much junk and not enough fruit and veggies. I am letting this overwhelming sense of sadness and complacency sit on my chest. This can not be. This will not be. Resolution time- I MUST make more time for me. I MUST make it to yoga or pilates. I MUST sing in the car more.
So to help me find the good and humor in my job, I will end on a funny note. About a week ago I was in 5th grade phys. ed. with one of my students. The HPE teacher explains the rules of the game while the class sits "pretzel style" (cross legged) on the gym floor. I ask my student if he understood the rules or wanted me to explain them again. He looks at me and rips one. The loudest fart (passed gas? flatulence?) I have ever heard in my life. It sounded like a sound effect from a bad movie, and I am fairly certain the floor vibrated. About 10 kids whipped their heads around, bug-eyed and giggling. It was all I could do not to laugh. But I think that sufficiently answered my question. Well played, young one, well played.
Listening to: "Brand New Day" - Van Morrison
No comments:
Post a Comment