Saturday, March 13, 2010

Dress season is nearly upon us!

The weather has considerable perked up around here (except for, of course, yesterday, today, and tomorrow in which the area is predicted to get somewhere between 2.5-4 inches and flood like crazy because there are still 3 feet snow drifts everywhere). Seasonal allergies have already started up, windows have been cracked, and I have even dared to open up the left door of my closet to reveal the most gorgeous sight: dresses. I forgot how many I owned. And how colorful they are. And soft. And pretty. And how in love with them I am.

Seriously, is there anything better than dress season? You can throw on ONE piece of clothing with flats, heels, whatever, and people think you actually put effort into your appearance. One. Piece. Of. Clothing. Heavenly.

On the flip side, I am having the utmost trouble writing this paper. I do not know where to begin. I am at the moment trying to describe the differences between various educational programs available for persons on the Autism Spectrum. This is like trying to explain the difference between mauve and fuchsia to a person who is blind and has no concept of purple or red. The vast intricacies between the programs, and the overlaying, glaring similarities is making this quite the feat. I wish I could just write a paper on what my days are like at work:

On Friday, I prevented a major meltdown by allowing a student to work for the computer at the end of the morning instead of the afternoon because it was a half day. Thursday, I was bitten twice and essentially punched in the head because I would not allow a student to watch any more television at the moment. I also had to sit in the bathroom with another student to monitor whether said student had a bm or not because the parents would like this recorded and reported on a daily basis. Also, we made St. Patrick's Day crafts and there were 20 minutes in which everyone was on task and it was quiet.

Somehow I don't think that would gain me any sort of academic credibility...

No comments:

Post a Comment