Have you ever had the feeling that one day you will wake up and know what it is to be a grownup? Suddenly you will be able to do your hair every morning, and not have chipped nail polish for 3 months straight, and you will be able to locate an apartment at a decent price that does not consist of 1 room in a nice area or 4 rooms in a rather scary neighborhood? I thought one day I would just wake up and know how to be, well, an adult. I'm 24. I feel like I'm still 16. I'm saving up money to move out of my parents (which I feel awful about), and wish someone would just say "Oh, here's a great place to live. And you'll never guess this- you can afford it! Hooray!" I am determined to get the ball rolling before November and the 25th celebration of my birth. Eep.
Off to a Philadelphia Police benefit tonight at the FOP. I'll be the girl in black, drinking her pretty little head off, while being introduced to her boyfriend's police academy buddies. That sounds awful, but I'm fairly convinced I'll have a good time. We shall certainly see.
Signing off for now,
Lisbeth
PS- if anyone finds a manual on how to be an adult, please let me know.
PPS- for some reason in my head I'm reading this post as if I have a British accent.
Currently Reading: My Lobotomy by Howard Dully (and Charles Fleming)
No comments:
Post a Comment